A blowout can give a woman too much confidence. Make them take on things they can’t handle– Hillary Clinton. -Schmidt, New Girl
It’s rare that I get my hair blown out, so when I do I want it to last as long as possible. I can make it to 6 days before it starts looking completely heinous, but at $35 a pop that’s a win for me. The photos in this post are day 5. Here are a few things that help me extend my blowout:
- Protect from Water. I know this is so obvious, but still worth saying. When showering, wear a shower cap or pull hair back tightly to avoid water as much as possible. My curls frizz up like crazy even from the steam of the shower. EVEN IF I AM JUST LOOKING AT THE STEAM. Ok. Anyway, if I don’t keep them extra protected it’s basically over before it started.
- Sleep Style. Wear hair in a loose bun when you sleep. I twist my hair loosely on top of my head into a bun, and secure it with a clip. This also gives the end a little bit of curl/wave when I wake up, which is a bonus. I use these clips. You could sleep on it braided as well & then spray with sea salt spray in the am for a wavier outcome.
- Use Style Extenders & Dry Shampoo. I use one of the following: this dry shampoo, or this dry shampoo, or texturizing spray for different looks and to combat oil. I usually don’t start using these until day 3 when I absolutely have to. I don’t use hairspray on it unless I’m going to an event, but I like this one and this one when I do. Also this humidity shield is good.
- Barrel Curl. I barrel-curled my ends in the photos pictured, because it was really falling flat and looking tired today. I use a tiny bit of this beforehand, then curl, comb through with my fingers, and tease the roots for volume. Below I linked a 20-second timelapse video of the process. This is my favorite barrel curler ever, it’s under $25, and eligible for amazon prime, so.
- Smooth Flyaways. I like this styling cream best.
When I cannot possibly squeeze another day out of it, I use a this cleansing oil-creme duo to wash and then dry my hair with my new favorite hair towel. Then I style my natural curls as normal. I previously posted my daily curly hair routine which you can find here.
And that’s it. Let me know in the comments if you do something differently, and the products you love to use. If you’d like to be the first to see more posts like this you can subscribe here or follow me on Bloglovin’.
Song- Surrender by Cash Cash